Wednesday, January 21, 2009

chicken and veggie alfredo

We made a terrific lunch today that just hit the spot. It has more ingredients than normal but it was very easy to do.

I boiled pasta (tinkyada rice pasta for us since we're doing more gf), and the last 3 minutes I put some chopped up broccoli in the boiling water.

While the pasta boiled I pan fried some premarinated chicken breast (in braggs aminos, olive oil, garlic and onion powder, 1/2 cup arrowroot or cornstarch, and pepper) in a large frying pan with a little extra olive oil. When it was cooked all the way through I added 1/2 cube real butter, about a cup of milk (you could use rice milk) and a spoonfull of real sour cream. The arrowroot slowly comes off the chicken and mixes with the milk to make a sauce.

I strained the pasta and broccoli and added that to the chicken and sauce, then sprinkled real shredded parmesean over the whole thing.

It was soooooooooo good and just hit the spot. We had all been craving an olive garden outing but we didn't need to with this dish.

Next time I'll make some breadsticks to go with it too.

No comments: