Monday, May 4, 2009

Porcupines

I don't think I've posted this one yet, it's getting harder to post recipes because I have most of my old standbys on here already.

These are really called Porcupine balls but well, I just don't love the name so we call them porcupines.

In a bowl mix...

hamburger-about a lb.
about 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
4 eggs
salt and pepper to taste, you can salt them after cooking if they need more

optional:
onions
veggies
fg safe bread crumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
extra seasoning like garlic or other plain spices

mix it all in, add more rice if you want less meat. The eggs hold it all together fairly well. Form into balls or patties. Cook it all in a med. skillet till it's not pink in the middle anymore.

We like to serve these with a huge serving of cooked carrots on the side. Don't know why, we just do.
You can dip them in fg safe ketchup or bbq sauce if you want.

No comments: