Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mexican cole slaw

MMM, made an invention today and I had to share since most of my standbys are already on here.
I started with a basic fresh salsa of diced tomatoes, diced onions, chopped radishes (weird but my friend puts them in and they're wonderful), crushed fresh garlic, chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice, and salt.

Then, I saw the cabbage head sitting on the counter, ready for tomorrow's dinner, and I wondered.

The cabbage was sliced thinly like I would for cole slaw, added 1/2 cup of mayo, splash of whole, raw milk, and a sprinkle of salt, and dumped a cup of fresh salsa into it.

It was good that night but when I got it out for lunch today it was awesome. The flavors blended together so well and the cabbage had softened a little with the salt and lime juice. YUM!

No comments: