This is from 5 dollar dinners. I have never bought Rotel tomatoes so just make sure they just have veggies and salt, calcium for firming is ok too. Make your own corn tortillas or buy an approved brand.
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
2 large chicken breasts ($1.50) Prepared from split breasts
1 can of Rotel ($.37) Matched coupon with sale price
1 green pepper, sliced ($.79)
1 onion, sliced ($.30)
1 tsp cumin ($.05)
1 cup rice ($.20)
1 avocado ($.50) Rolled-Back!
1/2 tsp lemon juice ($.02)
1 garlic clove ($.02) Bought for $.10 a head at recent store closing
1/2 bag corn tortillas ($.50) Or flour, if you prefer! We eat corn - GFCFSF diet.
2 cups frozen corn ($1)
Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream or salsa (optional)
1. Marinate chicken in 1 can of Rotel. Here is what I did with mine. (Thaw in bowl of warm water if necessary.) Place chicken with Rotel in the crockpot. Add sliced green peppers and sliced onions and combine with chicken and Rotel. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours. (I recommend slicing your chicken before putting it in the crockpot. I did not, but wish'd I had!)
2. Make homemade guacamole.
3. Cook rice. Bring 2.5 cups of water to boil. Add 1 cup of uncooked rice. Return water to a bowl. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
4. Prepare corn as directed on packaging.
5. Warm tortillas in tortilla warmer, or wrapped in foil in the oven.
6. Serve chicken and peppers on tortilla, topped with guacamole, and a side of rice and corn.