Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Roasted Carrots

This is a post from The Gluten Free Dish. I don't normally post big veggie dishes because our veggies tend to be a salad or steamed or raw plain veggies. This just looked so good I couldn't resist. It will be part of our repertoire from now on I'm sure.

http://theglutenfreedish.blogspot.com/2009/02/whats-for-dinner-roasted-carrots.html


For fun, I am participating in the first week of a recipe carnival, "Wednesday, What's For Dinner?" graciously hosted by Linda, The Gluten-Free Homemaker. She is inviting anyone who would like to share ideas for gluten-free dinners.

I really like the feeling of community that this gives me. Since we are all facing the same dietary challenges and issues, it's comforting to surround ourselves with those just like us.

I have to tell you this little story. When we first subscribed to the Dish Network, I wanted to watch the Food Network, but usually felt an overwhelming sense of loss looking at all the wonderful dishes. I would think of all the foods I couldn't eat. I allowed myself to feel these feelings and now I am slowly accepting the challenge I put to myself, "How can I make this for my special diet eaters?" So knowing this, you understand my excitement to find a recipe that needed no revisions.

It is with great joy I share this recipe, Roasted Carrots, from The Barefoot Contessa. I like simple when it comes to vegetables and these roasted carrots are simply delicious!

We hope you decide to join the carnival. I think we will have lots of fun.


Roasted Carrots

Ingredients:

nocoupons 12 carrots ( I use organic)

3 tablespoons good olive oil

1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt

1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper ( I will leave this off next time)

2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or parsley (It was fine without the fresh)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole. Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-thick slices. (The carrots will shrink while cooking so make the slices big.) Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.

Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and serve.

No comments: