Sunday, February 8, 2009

Brown Rice Waffles

http://thebakingbeauties.blogspot.com/2008/05/brown-rice-waffles-gluten-free.html


Brown Rice Waffles (Gluten Free)

brownricewaffles

I was very surprised (and happy) that these waffles, made from brown rice flour, were as tasty as they were. Another keeper! These are perfect for a "breakfast in bed" for Mother's Day! :)

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found this recipe. If anyone knows, please let me know, as I'd like to give credit to the website I found this one.

2 cups brown rice flour
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk (milk and vinegar)
2 Tbsp oil (note from Danika, use melted butter, melted coconut oil, or approved oil)
1 tsp. real vanilla extract (or your favorite; maple, almond or walnut)
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. sugar

Mix the above. Add some water if too thick or too dry. Then add:

2 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mix well. Let batter sit for 1/2 hour. Preheat waffle iron. Oil it well and as often as needed while making the waffles. Make waffles following iron manufacturer's instructions.

No comments: