Suggested sides for soups...coming later in the week!
3/4 lb ground beef ($1.11)
5 cups water (I didn't use broth and it turned out FINE!)
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes ($.23)
1 6 oz can tomato sauce ($.33)
1 cup dried red kidney beans ($.40)
2 carrots ($.30)
2 stalks celery ($.20)
1/2 onion ($.20)
2 tbsp italian seasoning (note, use approved or just use oregano and garlic plain)
2 tsp garlic powder
8 oz pasta (use rice pasta to keep it GFCFSF) ($.99)
2 heads broccoli ($.75)
1. Brown and drain ground beef.
2. Chop onion, carrots and celery.
3. Add ground beef, onion, carrots, celery and water to crockpot. Add canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add dried beans (yes, this is OK!). Add italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Set crockpot on low for 8 hours.
4. Add pasta about 1 hour before crockpot cooking finishes up.
5. Steam broccoli in steamer for 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve soup with side of steamed broccoli.
This recipe made a LOT...there will be plenty of leftovers for tomorrow!