Friday, December 26, 2008

Biggest hit and biggest bomb for Christmas


The biggest bomb first...We tried some red striped candy canes from Whole Food and they were a BAD idea! Just a 1/2 day reaction for us so it was probably a preservative or something unlisted but bad definitely! Just the kids who chose the striped ones showed reactions quickly each time they ate them. Our white ones from the Feingold list were fine.

The biggest hit...MOON SAND! I found a great deal on Amazon with free shipping. A $29 kit was $3.50. I bought 5 different kits between the kids and they've played with it all yesterday and today. They haven't reacted at all, there's no smell, and the color doesn't stick to their hands like playdoh or clay. It doesn't dry out either. I know I'm a whimp but I hate homemade play doh.
We have relegated the moon sand to the kitchen table only and there have been a few dustings of sand on places other than the moon sand tub but it sweeps up quickly so I don't worry about it.
Andrew was cute...he read the package and was telling Adam all about it and he said, "It's real sand from the moon, sand from the moon doesn't stick like sand here."

2 comments:

Karies place said...

I saw that advertised and considered it. But it was too late for Christmas. Guess maybe for another day.

Paper on Steroids said...

You know you can make your own version of Moon Sand! I found the recipe online here: http://www.wisebread.com/make-your-own-moon-sand-dirt-cheap

Love your blog, thanks for the great posts!
Kelly K