Wednesday, December 17, 2008

quick meatballs, freezer meals


Just a quick note...when I made my meatballs for lunch I also mixed up the whole 10 lb chub of meat (with egg, salt, onion, and garlic) and used my little ice cream scoop/cookie scoop to scoop out just the right size balls. Then the kids rolled them up and placed them side by side on a cookie sheet with waxed paper. These went into the freezer and when they were firm and slightly frozen they went into a freezer bag.
This way it's very easy to get out 3 meatballs per person, stick them in the pan, and cook them. I like freezing them before they're cooked because then when I'm cooking each individual meal I can use the grease in the sauce. Sounds gross but hey...I learned it from Hillbilly Housewife and you just can't argue her.

You can pre-measure and freeze a whole lot of stuff with a cookie scoop!

No comments: