Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spring rolls, easy and portable









http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_Make_Spring_Rolls


(These pictures are the ones I took, the link above is another tutorial.)

I was having trouble keeping my spring rolls soft and in searching for help I came across this recipe. It is a great tutorial. They're soooo easy to make. I like to make filling and keep it separate till it's time to eat. You can wrap just about anything in a spring roll to make it portable.

We've had no reactions to basic rice paper wrappers found at Whole Foods. They probably sell them at ethnic stores also.

I like Bragg's aminos instead of soy sauce.

I'm thinking cold turkey, avocado, tomato, and approved mayo sound really good too.

To keep them moist lay a damp tea towel or white paper towel over the spring rolls and cover. Store in the fridge.

No comments: