Monday, November 10, 2008

Cranberry Sauce, Thanksgiving Dinner

I was searching for a picture of cranberry sauce and found this blog entry that has a step by step tutorial. They add juice to their sauce and it sounds like a yummy addition. I'm all about simple but these shouldn't take too much more time or money. Remember to use 100% juice and the frozen kind and you should be safe.

http://figswithbri.com/?p=76

I usually just get a pot (bigger than you think in case of foaming) and dump in the bag of cranberries or about 4 cups if you have a large bag, add 2 cups of sugar and 1/4 cup of water to get it going. Then turn it on medium and let it do it's thing for about 30 minutes. That's it.
We buy 4 huge bags at the warehouse store when Thanksgiving comes along because I love to throw a handful of cranberries in my smoothies. They do wonders for the urinary system.
My dd uses this cranberry sauce as jam on EVERYTHING.

No comments: