Saturday, November 8, 2008

Easy Caramel Sauce-no work at all

So, that late night snack is just calling you? Dying for some sugar? Keep a few of these in your cupboard just in case...

1 can of sweetened condensed milk (all the brands we've tried were ok)
water

Peel off the labels of your cans of sweetened condensed milk
Add them to the crockpot and pour water to cover them all
Cook overnight or all day (at least 8 hours)
let the cans cool, open, and dig in.

Make as many as will fit in your crockpot

QUESTION: If I want to "boil" sweetened condensed milk in my crockpot to turn it into caramel, do I turn it on low or high, and how long does it take? I just cover the can with water, right?

ANSWER: I kept mine on for about 8 hours on high. The longer you cook it, the thicker it will get. Mine were very thick after 8 hours on high. Make sure the cans are completely covered with water, I tipped mine on the side.

No comments: