Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dangerous Single Serving Chocolate Cake

This is a recipe sent to me by Jane Hershey, author of "Why can't my child behave" and a director of the Feingold program. She helped me with my presentation this morning and I thank her for it. I'll try to note where always acceptable items are used. I haven't tried this one yet because we don't have a microwave but I'm sure it's delicious and could really help that midnight craving.

Here's a picture of the cake in action on another blog, remember to look at MY recipe to make it FG safe

Coffee Mug Chocolate Cake
1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp flour (plain)
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp whole milk
3 Tbsp coconut oil, butter, or approved oil
3 Tbsp approved chocolate chips (optional)
small splash vanilla extract (just vanilla and alcohol)
Add dry ingredients in mug and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil, mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if you are using them) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Eat! This can serve 2 if you really want to share!
Why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake an any time of the day or night!

HINT: I've made plenty of cakes before without oil and they always turn out great so if you're watching calories feel free to do so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this!

LucisMomma said...

I'll have to let JT try that one. Been curious about it since I saw it on the BB. :) I'm enjoying this blog!

And I've wondered about that precious picture on the other blog with the girls in the meadow. Absolutely gorgeous. I was glad to "accidentally" get on your homeschoolblogger and find out more about it.

susan w. from FG

Dana said...

Susan, that was my daughter and a friend of hers on a memorial pioneer trek. The whole story is on my gift to be free blog at the very first page. It's the reason I started that blog.
It was a beautiful memory and I took that picture while they were playing around after a 14 mile walk that day. They were so joyful and glad to be there even through the hardships.